The tour starts from Piazza Castello, with its impressive view over the Langhe: dominated by the bell tower (1710), the square houses the bronze monument dedicated to the Vignaiolo d’Italia (Italian Winemaker) (1972), by Antonio Munciguerra and the marble bust of Giuseppe Gabetti, who composed of the Royal Italian March .
The only traces left of the ancient castle that once stood on the square (it was demolished in 1544), are the block of stones that make up the foundation of the bell tower.
Not far from here, dominated by the imposing parish church, is the Cantina Comunale, where you can taste and purchase the wines of La Morra.
The parish church (1699), dedicated to St. Martin, an eminent example of Baroque architecture by Michelangelo Garove, boasts its sculptural façade overlooking the street; inside the church, which has a single, large nave, the main altarpiece by Giovanni Carlo Alibeni (1715) is a fine art piece depicting the Madonna and Child with the Saints Manino and Crispino.
Beyond the Parish church, the Town Hall (1765) and the church of the Confraternity of San Rocco(1749) also stand on this small square.
Inside the Confraternity there are two exquisite altarpieces of the side altars and a large fresco by Pietro Paolo Operti (1750) embellishes the vault; the altarpiece behind the main altar, recently restored, is of an anonymous “painter from Mondovi” (1786).
La Morra’s other monuments include the church of the Confraternity of San Sebastiano (1700) on Via Umberto with its graceful bell tower (1766), the hospital building (1829) and Casa Boffa (Boffa House) (15th century), on via Ospedale; the Falletti-Cordero palace on Via XX Settembre and the Bastioni, the town medieval walls. On the walls of the former market’s portico in the Martiri Square there is a large mural dedicated to winemaker Riccardo Assom and his wine (1982).
In the lower part of the village called “il Borgo”, the S.Brigida chapel treasures 15th century frescoes.
In the Annunziata hamlet you can visit the Romanesque-baroque complex of the former Benedictine abbey of St. Martin of Marcenasco, now Church of the Annunziata (bell tower and apse: 15th century. Façade by Michelangelo Garove 1684). The cellars house the Ratti Museum of the wines of Alba.
Another pleasant excursion is the trip to Bricco del Dente (553 meter asl) and its chapel of the Alpini, which offers a 360 degree panoramic view.